Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The One Where I Come Out Of Hiding

It appears I have some things to catch ya'll up on!

Especially considering everything that has taken place in the past 18 days.

Here's a brief list:

I got married (pictures and stories to come – I'm just waiting to get the disc from my photographer!), got my first stamp in my passport (hello Playa del Carmen, Mexico!), went snorkeling for the first time, got bit by the Caribbean reef, visited a Mayan ruin, went on a gigantic zipline system and rappelled off of a 70 ft tower and went snorkeling again (this time in an underground cave), got delayed in two different airports (but, I was with my hunky hubby, so no worries!), got the news that my dad had a heart attack (he's fine – two stints and another stay in the hospital for acid reflux and he's like new!), spent the second week of my married life staying with my parents so my husband could feed the cows for my dad (not really what I would recommend … but we made it through just fine), finally got home to MT after being gone for 3 weeks, semi-cleaned up my disastrous house (pictures to come!), opened our wedding presents, went back to work (only part-time though - loving that!), went back to school, and somewhat celebrated my husband's 25th birthday (he was sick. big bummer!).

So, now, here I sit, on my couch. Today is my first full day of being a part-time, stay-at-home wife and I am rather enjoying myself! Of course I haven't done much the requires moving off of my couch, but hey, I did finally catch up on my Google Reader (after deleting a bunch of blogs I can just no longer commit to reading) and I read a chapter in THE MOST BORING TEXTBOOK EVER and am now preparing myself to write a short paper so I can submit it and spend the evening with my hubby, celebrating his birthday (cause he's feeling better!)

Some of you might be wondering what being a part-time, stay-at-home wife means for the whole missionary thing. Well, I am not sure yet. However, I can tell you that I am definitely still a missionary! Since both Luke and I work at the camp, obviously, it is a big part of my life and time and I still consider it my ministry.

However, it is the camp policy that wives only are required to work 10 hours a week. Since I am staying on as secretary until we leave or they find another one, I will be working about double that. Starting this week, I will be working two full days (Mondays and Fridays), two afternoons (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and taking one full day off (Wednesday). My hope is to be able to clean the house (it's pretty tiny, so it shouldn't be a big worry!) and get most of my schoolwork done in my hours off so that I can spend time with Luke at night and not have to worry about other things. Obviously I know I will have to do some things during the evening, I'm just hoping to accomplish most of them during the day. Especially since right now we are on a big ALIAS kick and have lot of TV on DVD to watch J

I'll be back soon with stories, pictures and glad tidings of great joy!


blog comments powered by Disqus